Wednesday 5 July 2017

IVF BLOG DAY 28 | GONAL-F INJECTION #7, BUSERELIN INJECTION #28 & PROGRESS ASSESSMENT 1

Time seems to be flying by really fast now. We had our first progress assessment today and the consultant said things are looking good. As usual I had to have a transvaginal ultrasound which took a little bit longer than before as they had to count how many follicles I have. 

They found 16 altogether. 3 are very good. 2 are okay and the rest need to grow. So I've had to up my dosage of Gonal-F to 450 IU (previously I was on 300). As we don't have enough of the drug I'm having an urgent delivery some time tomorrow morning. According to our consultant this result is spot on as we don't want anymore than 20. That's when you're at risk of getting OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome). Let me tell you, there isn't anyone in the world that's going to be wanting that. It sounds awful!

My next progress scan is on Friday so be sure to check back here and I'll tell you all about what happens with that. By this time next week I should have had my eggs collected (under general anesthetic) and be waiting for implantation if all goes well!

Today I'm feeling: Alright! I was tired. Had a 1 hour sleep in the afternoon and was pretty good after that. I definitely struggle to think when I'm taking this stuff though. I had to write something this morning and what should have taken me 15 mins took me about 2 hours! I honestly don't know how people get on when they're employed and can't choose when they want to work. Still, I guess everyone reacts differently?

Jess. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUST LIST

OUR BABY GIRL IS 9 MONTHS OLD!!!

This probably isn't what some of you were expecting but the pregnancy worked out and we finally have our baby girl!  I'm sorry...